I’ve not picked up a bow in weeks. It has been a good time to accept an unplanned recovery. It has also been time to repair targets and clean the range.
I did a 3D tournament in June. The Covid-19 social distancing wasn’t strictly followed. I planned to continue competing but put that plan aside until the dust has settled a bit.
Over the Memorial Day weekend we didn’t head out into crowds of carefree people. I predicted we’d see a spike post-Memorial Day and we did. I expect the increases we continue to see are associated with Memorial Day and protests.
I’m 65 and in good health. I expect if I get Covid-19 my symptoms would be mild. In fact, I’d not be surprised to find I have the antibodies found among people that have been exposed to Covid-19 and not had more severe symptoms. I don’t know because I’m not paying $300.00 to find out.
While I wait for less contagious times I continue to prepare. There is a State Championship in August but that one might be a skip. Still, I’ll restart practice in a few days in the event the August date appears safe – which I don’t expect.
I will mention this – running and cycling have been going really well. And you can bet my range looks nice.