Part of my adventure with archery is recording the events, tournaments, training, science, and personalities I meet along the way. Brenda, my wife, she suggested I publish them on the web. The result of her advice has been this website.
“If it is not measured, it is not monitored,” is often attributed to Peter Drucker. In fact, the first record of this observation is by William Thomson, the Scottish physicist also known as Lord Kelvin. Writing and creating frequent posts for this website takes hours almost everyday, some days less time than others. GoDaddy and others measure the work I do here.1 They measure and I monitor. There is little point in making this public if no one is interested. So, I monitor and review the data.
Alexa2 ranks this website 9,055,298 in the world according to the frequency of visits. Being number 9.055 million, at first, doesn’t seem so great. However, Internetlivestats’ data indicates there are 1,155,205,776 websites and growing (yes that is ‘billion’).3 Those numbers begin to sound interesting. But, it must be taken into account that 75% of websites aren’t active. That leaves 288,926,444 (25%) of websites as active. This means Puttingitontheline is in the top 3.1% of the world’s most read websites. (The big sites include: Google, Facebook, Youtube, Amazon)
I look forward to 2015. It will be my first year shooting as a professional. On this journey I’ll continue to record and publish the adventure. There will be new discoveries, new science, more characters and escapades. I appreciate the support each of you has given me by reading. I enjoy your comments. I love that this project is global and so many of you relate on many levels. Thanks.
- Users in Alexa’s global data panel base Alexa’s Traffic Ranks on the traffic data provided over a rolling 3-month period. A site’s ranking is based on a combined measure of Unique Visitors and Pageviews. The number of unique Alexa users who visit a site on a given day determines unique Visitors. Pageviews are the total number of Alexa user URL requests for a site. However, multiple requests for the same URL on the same day by the same user are counted as a single Pageview. The site with the highest combination of unique visitors and pageviews is ranked #1. Additionally, Alexa employs data normalization to correct for biases that may occur in their data.